Have you ever had one of those experiences where you walk into the wrong bathroom? I can no longer say, "I never have." I guess I was a little preoccupied as I entered the bathroom at RC Willey earlier today. Two men looked up from...um...what they were doing, one a little startled, one smiled. I knew something was wrong but didn't quite figure it out (during that initial 2 seconds) until the guy smiling said, "You're in the wrong bathroom." I apologized and left, immediately crossing the way to the ladies bathroom where I started laughing out loud, literally. I have no doubt that those same men could hear me giggling next door. Hopefully they realize it was out of embarrassment rather than what I tried not to see.
As I was laughing I remembered an experience my daughter Neicia had this year on her first day of high school. She walked into the bathroom, noticed the funny little sinks on the wall and instead of second guessing herself or where she was, continued on into a stall. As she was in the stall she heard guys come in. A little freaked, embarassed and realizing her mistake she just walked out of the stall and exited the bathroom. Can you imagine the guys in the bathroom? Can you imagine if she'd done as I taught her and taken time to wash her hands? Lol!!!
This got me laughing even harder and I remembered a similar experience my mom had when I was young. She was attending a meeting with my dad at a hotel. This hotel had theme named rooms- as many hotels do- but instead of the typical names after local trees or plants it was themed after dogs. She went to use the bathroom but got confused when the doors were ambiguously labled "pointers" and "setters". Not sure which was which (she was a little naive) she chose pointers as it sounded more feminine to her. She went in and used the stall. As she came out she realized she'd been joined by a man. She announced to him that he was in the wrong bathroom. Lol.
Now I'm wondering if this is a Jenks family brain defect. I have no doubt that some of my silly-crazy aunts on that side have some pretty funny stories they could add relating to this very topic. I'm also thinking it might be wise to quit labeling bathroom doors with a little plaque that says men or ladies but instead install flashing blue or pink lights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Your so funny!!!! I'd vote for pink lights. Somedays we all need a little or big reminder.
hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh! That must have been soooo embarrassing! Luckily that has never happened to me...maybe I should knock on wood!
I LOVE YOUR POSTS....ALWAYS!!!! You are such an incredible story teller, and I can't help just smiling and laughing the whole time...or crying if that's what the mood brings....you have such a way of provoking such feelings....even if it is just about a bathroom!!!!!
Post a Comment